Public tenders and RAL quality assurance
Benefits of quality marks at a glance
Contracting parties enjoy the following benefits if they recognise RAL quality marks in their tenders as verification of bidder suitability and technical specifications.
- Reliable criteria to determine bidder suitability
- State of the art standards of performance
- Requirements exceeding standards and statutory regulations
- Faster tendering procedures
- No detailed examination of bids
- Reliable contracting partner and unequivocal delivery conditions
The reason is the stringent quality and test regulations that products and services must fulfil encompassing all of the relevant characteristics before the RAL quality mark is awarded. Reliability and technical standards are equally as important as the technical product requirements or performance requirements. The RAL quality mark verifies that these requirements are fulfilled on a permanent basis. When contracting parties base their invitations to tender on the quality and test regulations, they can objectively accept the RAL quality mark as verification of the qualification of the bidder and the delivery conditions. This process fulfils all requirements of the law on the awarding of contracts.